Learning Challenge: Learning about sleep

Why Sleeping May Be More Important Than Studying By Katrina Schwartz
One thing that my parents always told me growing up is that if you are unprepared for a test, it is better to get a good night's sleep than it is to stay up all night studying.  This article helped confirm that in my mind. 

I like the idea of public schools starting at 10 a.m. so the students have enough time to sleep.  I did not know that it is important to establish a sleeping routine, or to not eat carbs before bed.  I did know that looking at screens before bed is harmful to your quality of sleep.

I would like to research the importance of sleep further for the bulletin board that is my floor.  As a resident adviser, each month I do a different theme for the bulletin board with information for the freshmen residents that I am responsible for.  I firmly believe that some of them will be surprised by this information, and that it will help them in the future.  I am going to look into different articles, as well as look at the textbook that I got in my ergonomics class that goes over sleep cycles. 

File:Sleep Cycle.svg
Sleep Cycle, Source: Wikimedia Commons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Queen

Story Week 13