Famous Last Words: Dead Week

I really enjoyed the reading for this week.  I got to go over some of my favorite fairy tales.  I had enough time to do both portions of the reading.  I remember many of the characters from the readings this week having a curse put on them. This seems to be a common theme with a lot of stories in mythology.  I will see if there are any this coming week. 

I believe that I did my best writing this week in this class, because I got to be more creative than I normally am in my HR class.  In this class I got to write a story about a Queen who underwent a curse to protect her people.  It was a lot of fun, honestly.  I have never read a story like that before. 

I really enjoyed reading the stories this week. It is always fun to see how creative people can get for this class.  To me, a story is successful if it has a good story arch.  One needs to develop a relationship with the character, no matter how short the story is.  I read a story this week that was written to sound like a radio interview.  I thought that was a really good way of portraying different character's points of view, because the host was able to ask questions. 

I believe that I am approaching some things differently in my life after learning things from this class.  I have always believed that stories can make people more empathetic towards others, and that is what I really enjoy about reading.  In college, I do not get the chance to read as much, so getting to do it for a class is a lot of fun.  I believe that reading a little bit each week has made me feel more centered and has given me something to think about.

This coming week is dead week.  My birthday is on Wednesday, which I am really excited about.  I am turning 22.  However, I also have a final in an evening class that day, so I will not get to celebrate on my actual birthday.  My family is coming up on Thursday though, and I am looking forward to seeing them.  This week, I need to get the assignments for this class done, study for my final on Wednesday, finish my data driven decision making homework that is due on Wednesday, finish my writing assignments for my human relations class, and finish my starbucks checkout line simulation for my simulations class.  I am determined to stay focused. 

For my image, I decided to include Maslow's Hierarchy of needs.  It is hard to remember that you need to ensure that your physiological needs need to be taken care of (sleep, food, exercise)  before you focus on others.  I think that in order to get things done during a hard or stressful week, you need to hit at least up to the safety aspects, while taking breaks every so often to give yourself time to focus on the love/belonging, esteem, and self-actualization parts of your needs.  It should never drop below safety. 

File:MaslowsHierarchyOfNeeds.svg

Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs Source: Wikimedia Commons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Queen

Story Week 13