Typing Test Tech Tip

I used the keyhero.com website and typingtest.com website. 

I took a typing class in high school, so these typing websites remind me of the typing tests we had then. 

I liked the keyhero website because it had you type out famous quotes.  I also liked that it showed you what word you were on and it wouldn't let you continue if you had gotten something wrong until you had corrected your error. My speed on that site averaged at about 46 words per minute, and I consistently had accuracy in the 90% range.

 Typing test bugged me a bit, because it was timed.  I felt like I was in a rush.  I also did not like how it did not tell you if you got something wrong, it just tallied up the total at the end.  Overall, I like the keyhero website better.

Taking these tests made me realize that I am not as fast as I used to be at typing.  When I was taking the class, I was consistently typing 70 words per minute.  It might not hurt to do tests like this every once in a while, just to improve my typing skills, as well as my spelling skills, as those tend to account for most of my mistakes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Queen

Story Week 13