Learning Challenge: Time Management

3 Steps to Recapture Time by @JOYNICOLEM
Rule 1 Refuse to yield your 1st 15 minutes

spend 5 minutes envisioning your day

identify 3-4 tasks that you need to complete day day

break those tasks into 3-4 steps

I really like this rule.  Just spending a short amount of time organizing everything that you need to do that day.  I believe that I would be more organized if I started my day off doing this.

Rule 2  Pruning

I liked this rule.  It basically says to look through your life every once in a while and rearrange everything.  Take stock, see what you want to keep, and getting rid of everything else.  When I start something new, I tend to be really organized and ready to go, but after a while I become apathetic.  So shaking everything up every once and a while might keep me more engaged.

Rule 3  Learning how to say NO to things

I am really bad at this.  I will say yes because I want to feel useful, but I simply do not have time to do things that I have said yes to.  I need to think things through more clearly, so that I am able to fully commit to the things that I say yes to. 

As useful as the 3 steps to capture time are, I would like to make the following rules part of my life philosophy as well.
File:Camping rules from Virginia State Parks (12780258424).jpg
Camping Rules from Virginia State Parks, Source: Wikimedia Commons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Queen

Story Week 13